Wednesday, June 09, 2004

11: Stage Two of the Culture Shock Phenomenon

So, I really haven't done anything since the last posting except listen to the Flames lose, teach my classes, eat and sleep. I've definitely entered the reclusive stage of culture shock. This is a rather quick movement through the stages, really, so I expect to be fully adjusted in just another couple of weeks (I may, however, be entering the delusional idealistic stage instead). I also intend on remedying this reclusiveness by returning to wandering around. I bought some film for my camera, so I'll be able to take pictures. Unfortunately, I still haven't figured out how to post them on here, plus I have no known access to a scanner at present, so I won't be able to share them as yet. As well, I haven't taken any yet. I'll probably start tomorrow, though. We'll see.
Teaching is going well enough. I think my students might actually be learning something from me, which is good, as I was unsure about that last week. The classes keep getting switched up with missing teachers, new students, etc. It's a good thing I react well to change.
I have been invited out again for dinner on Saturday with Edward. He seems to like me and want to get me out to enjoy Korea. Ok, I'll go along with that. We're apparently going to a Korean mushroom and seafood restaurant. He has warned me that it is spicy. So far, everything that I have been warned of being spicy, hasn't really been, but I'm sure one of these times it will surprise me in a painful way. I'm looking forward to it. You'll likely hear about it in my next update.
Hmmm, this update was really short and pointless, wasn't it? Oh well, enjoy it anyway. Why? Because I said so.
Steve
PS I love spell check! It just prompted me to replace Korean with Kenny, and Hmmm with hammy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I suggest posting a version of one of your updates with all the recommended spellings from the spell check.

-Bryan "The King of Everything"