Thursday, March 24, 2005

The quest for good sushi begins

Well, the time has come. In an hour and a half I will finish my last class of the day then begin the trek to Japan. I'm pretty excited about it. This is mostly just a quick post to express that excitement. Wheeeee!!!

As for the last post, I yet again ended up not performing with the band. I was attacked by a virus and had a really terrible week. I had no energy whatsoever and just felt flat-out awful. I was made to come in to work each day, although I did get to go home after an hour and a half on Wednesday when it became abundantly clear that I was incapable of teaching. Thursday and Friday were two of the worst days of work ever. Damn this fate of being the only foreign teacher!

Anyway, it looks like the band has yet another show. Tomorrow. When I'l be in Japan. I have basically given up on ever performing with them.

Well, that's all. I have a short amount of time then I'm free for a few days, released upon the unsuspecting Japanese. I'll be sure to post a rather comprehensive update upon my return, hopefully with pictures, although those may well be reserved to Laura's blog as she is the one with the camera. The trip should be a blast, despite the fact that both Laura and I have colds.

Guy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Guy!
I keep meaning to respond to you, but in true Hollie like fashion, I keep on procrastinating!
I hope all is well - I hope Japan is /was great!
Your anecdotes are keeping me entertained! Mostly 'cause there is nothing going on over here in my world!!
Keep the blogs coming!!

Holliemonster
PS - I think your virus has made it across the ocean and has found me (I believe it was on a search and destroy mission).
PPS I keep meaning to tell you I love your picture on your blog - it is fabulous (yes, I just used the word fabulous) - it reminds me of an army photo from the 40's or 50's (I have no idea why)!