Sunday, October 10, 2004

Laura, Doogie, and Ethan

Well, it's been far too long and far too much has happened in that time for me to get into any real details, but a quick glossing over is certainly in order here.

First and foremost, it should be known that Debb and I have decided to part ways. We both have found others to be with and the distance/time factor certainly has played a role. However, we plan on remaining close and so far, we're keeping true to that. My new "other" is a girl from Saskatchewan by the name of Laura. She's quick, with an abstract and sometimes silly wit, she's an excellent photographer and has a degree in graphic art, she enjoys eating strange food and drinking beer, she has a strange obsession with monkeys (no, wait a minute, that's me), she's tall, pretty, has cute freckles across her nose and cheeks, and really wants to meet all my friends and family. She's been in Milyang for almost 4 months now and we've been seeing each other basically since the last time I posted on here. Things are still new with her but it all feels pretty good right now. My description doesn't really do her justice, so if anyone has any questions, I'll be more than happy to answer them.

Other than spending basically all of my free time with Laura, my past month has consisted of me climbing an 1189m mountain on a day that got progressively colder, wetter and windier as it went along making for a rather uncomfortable and brief stay at the top, going to the city of Andong and the nearby Korean traditional folk village, another visit to Pusan this time with Laura (we went to get her alien registration card) instead of by myself, the progression of the band I'm in from disorganized and unproductive to disorganized and surprisingly good at our selected songs (Laura has joined the band as a keyboard/tambourine player and singer, as well), taking on a new class teaching doctors (one of whom calls himself 'Doogie') at a psychiatric hospital in a nearby hotsprings resort town, meeting up with Matt, Sean, and the new guy in town, Andy (he's from Liverpool), and pondering the inexplicable appearance of a framed picture of Ethan Hawke, taken directly out of Reality Bites, in my stairwell.

Hmm, that really is a quick glossing over. Perhaps I'll get into more details about all of the above items later, but right now I'm too hungry and tired to say much more. I promise to do better next time, and next time will come much sooner, too.

No comments: